Nonsense on Wednesday

It all began on Tuesday!
Today didn't begin at exactly 12am, it began from yesterday.

Started with the rain.
I heard the sound at exactly 8pm last night and thought, here we go again and hope that there wouldn't be any traffic to make me late for work and that freakin' stupid interview. Well, the rain continued until morning and didn't stop until 10am.
To make it more dramatic, traffic was bad. So, I was stuck for at least 3 hours. The plan to go to the office first to get some papers was immediately cancelled once we heard that Tendean, like usual, is flooded. No office then, I went straight to this place with all those stupid people.

It was a job interview. I was so looking forward to it.

The aura of the place already gave me a feeling that this place sucks; that I wouldn't ever want to work here. So, after filling in some stupid application form, that even asked questions like the brand of your watch, perfume, and all unnecessary things, I was called.

The secretary asked me to follow her to a room where a tall western man stood. Already, he gave me this weird look that I would be incapable to do whatever job he is about to offer. He spoke to me very slowly in English, like I wouldn't understand. Well, mister, if you had any chance to read my CV I sent you, you would know that I spent many years of my life speaking English. Jerk!

He continued explaining the job. It's a sales job. I hate sales job. I suck at sales job. I'm sorry. I'm not a salesperson!
It didn't end there. Not only, it is a sales job. It paid nothing! 'You will be paid based on commission. You'll also be given an allowance, not a salary, but an allowance to replace your tranportation and meal money. The amount is quite a lot, bla.. bla.. bla..' I didn't hear the rest of his nonsense.

I didn't hear anymore. I just stared at him in disbelieve. He's like the managing director of a huge (that how he called himself) financial service company, but how in the world can he be that stupid?!?!?!?

Didn't he read my CV? Didn't he read my answer to the so many questions that includes among all, my current salary and my current job?
If he had the time, or the brain for that matter, he'll see that my qualification was so beyond that sales job he offered me with the attitude like he's giving one billion dollar job!

Yuck! I hate him. I hate people with stupid and little mind like him! Ugh! I want to burn down that f*@%!ng office.

It was a bad end to a very bad traffic. :((

Another deal was my feelings.

It started yesterday when the communication stopped.
I waited. And waited. And waited.
Maybe I shouldn't, but I did.
I thought, is he waiting on the other line? But he shouldn't wait. He should just do it, because he should've known that I have been waiting.

I blamed myself for this stupid waiting. If I was not stupid enough to fall into this communication thing with him, or if I was not stupid enough to already look at him the way I did, or if I keep doing my habit of using my head and not my heart when he entered my life, none of this will happen.

I was so stupid!
I shouldn't do this.
I gotta start using my head.
Not heart. Not heart. Not heart.
Because the heart game is too painful.

I used to be so good actually. I never used the heart. Always the head. It works. I kept on wondering why it doesn’t work this time.
Man, I gotta focus! and back to my real self.

I was hurt back then. And I didn’t want to get hurt again. Oh, not again!

Well, just another bad Wednesday that started from the day before.

I’m not making any sense, but who is anyway?

Comments

meimeiletti said…
Hey Kie...

Yeah, the job sucks big time. Whoever lands on that job worths our pity, I guess...

Don't blame your heart too much Kie...
For someday, it will speak the truth.

Hang in there, Kie.
And if things get worse, I'll be around to drive out your misery, let's laugh it out, baby...

Popular posts from this blog

Mengenang Bapakku (21 Juli 1950 - 20 September 2004)

The Wedding (The Invitation Part II)

An intro about Mom's cancer