meddler

Me and my husband are so alike. We are meddlers.

Well, I know I am.
As for my husband, though he won't admit is, he is.

Examples of my meddling are too many to mention, and some of you probably have heard some of them.

Like the one when two of my friends got married because of me. :) Or at times, when they fought, and I jumped in, and he was mad at me for jumping in, and he was mad at his wife because of me, since it meant that she told me. Then after that, he made his wife promise not to tell me anything anymore. Of course, she just said yes to make him feel better.

And so many more to tell.

My hubby on the other hand, always, always, always, says that he doesn't like to meddle. Well, he doesn't. Not all the time. But when he does, he does it ALL OUT.

A preview for that matter then.

His friend in school is seeing this guy, whom he thinks is not good for her. And what he did? He asked his friend not see him again, and even pointed out to his friend that her boyfriend is just not good for her. Does his friend care? Like all in love, of course NOT.

Why do I ramble about this?

Now, one of his closest friend from high school is having trouble with his girlfriend. And like the true meddlers that we are, we are stepping in as if we can stop their problems.

Not only that, it has become the talk for us, in the car, while waiting for our ride, in the bedroom, while feeding my kid, even before we go to sleep at night, all we talk about is HOW to solve our friends' problems.

I just hope that this time, our meddling will make these two friends get back together, and not worsen matters.

Since, that's our sincere goal as meddlers, to make things better.

..and not the other way around [as we always do].

Comments

yenni 'yendoel' said…
yaayaya...karena lo tuh orangnya baik kie, dan selalu penolong.
Anonymous said…
very useful article. I would love to follow you on twitter.

Popular posts from this blog

Mengenang Bapakku (21 Juli 1950 - 20 September 2004)

An intro about Mom's cancer

The Wedding (The Invitation Part II)