Can I trust a nanny for my daughter?

Apparently NOT! But the problem is, aside from being so trusty, I have a very limited time for my daughter, so I GOTTA have one.

Here's my daily schedule, mon-fri, wake up at 5am, take a shower, leave home at 530am, work work work until 4pm, arrive home at 5pm, and exhausted at 630pm. While my dauhghter's schedule is wake up at 6am, breakfast, shower, and go to school at 7am, arrive home at 4pm.

With the schedule differences, it meant I can't bathe her, nor be there for here when she's home for school to clean her. Meaning: I need to have a sitter or a nanny to help my daughter getting ready for school, for studying, to accompany her playing and all other stuffs.

Nanny or sitter is not cheap you know. I don't want to use maids, because they can poisoned my daughter's mind with sinetrons, stupid Indonesian love songs like "Jadikan aku yang kedua (Let me be the second one?????)", or even to speak unpolitely. Though I practically grow with maids around me, still I thought my daughter deserves the best.

So I hire a nanny.

But do I get? The first one basically spanked my daughter or even pinched her, when she didn't do things as told. When I found out, and really saw how scared my daughter was when she was around her, I told her to quit immediately.

Aside from the spanking, the first girl was actually good. She achieved all things I set for my daughter. But the spanking? man!!!! That's just the deal breaker!

So that's when I met the second girl.

The second one is a gentle person. She speaks softly to my daughter, everyone can see the changes of my daughter's voice when she speaks with people, it's more polite.

But my daughter can't be treated TOO soft. She needs to be treated strict on certain things, since trust me, if you don't, this little 6-years-old will find her ways to get out of her obligations. Example, when we told her to study, she will start talking about some other stuffs to keep our mind on something else, and start talking to her instead of the studying. Or when she was told to take her wudhu, she will not go straight to the bathroom, instead she'll step in to my room, and just chat with me (taking advantage of me not knowing what she's been told).

It's not too long before I realize the lack of disciplines in my daughter. She'll disobey when she doesn't want to do something, her grades were down, even her 'ngaji' went backwards! Yes, I heard them laugh A LOT, which is good, but I caught them studying while she's lying down on the floor (hardly listening!!!), or eating while daydreaming (just like the second nanny!). Aaaaaaaaaaarrgghh..

Today especially, I found out that my daughter does not even remember a single surah from Juz Amma, because she was never rehearsed! I was like, what you were doing all this time LADY??????????????

Well, I guess, the best sitter for my daughter would probably be ME, her mom. So starting Monday, I am taking matters into my own hand, before it's too late!

Now, I just wish that I have the energy to do that.. :)

Comments

yenni 'yendoel' said…
kie, abang sepupu gua kelebihan pembantu (terakhir ada 4 orang). ada pembantu yang urus ketiga anaknya sejak bayi. berhenti, terus minta masuk lagi. (yg ini kayaknya pengalaman banget urus bayi/anak kecil, so far gua tau, orangnya juga cukup baik).
ada lagi kakak sepupu gua (adiknya abang sepupu gua hahaha...), idem ceritanya, skrg jg ada 4 pembantu. kelebihan juga. kalo perlu, ntar gua tanyain. contact me.

Popular posts from this blog

Mengenang Bapakku (21 Juli 1950 - 20 September 2004)

The Wedding (The Invitation Part II)

Daddy